Account Manager - Outdoor
Have you graduated with an Ag Business Degree and have up to five years’ work experience? Are you looking for a challenging and highly varied job, including an extensive training program? Do you want to work as a strategic account specialist and develop i
The vacancy for an Account Manager - Outdoor at Rijk Zwaan USA, Inc.
- Develops and implements sales programs to increase sales and procure long term turnover goals for our key clients
- Creates client programs and conducts quarterly and semi-annual business reviews
- Develops and sustains strong, ethical, and personable relationships with key customers, address needs and establishes effective and innovative solutions for our clients
- Works closely with colleagues to maintain a well-functioning account team
- Provides feedback and information on competitive activity, market changes, pricing, etc.
- Communicates and helps enact mission, goals, and activities to achieve stated objectives
- Assists Crop Specialists (Technical Sales Team) with large territories with follow-up and account management activities
- Customer relation management to include monitoring follow-up to client visits, goals, actions and business reviews
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified candidates will have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills to build relationships at the business management level and establish credibility through competence
- Creativity to identify new opportunities and present them as a business case
- Strong communication and persuasion skills; ability to convince customers
- Possess (or be willing to develop) a high degree of familiarity with the territories, markets, and the dealer and direct customer base
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively develop and present proposals, ideas, concepts, and reports
- Must have a collaborative nature with both internal and external stakeholders to include communicating across diverse cultures and inspiring trust at all levels
- Have an action and metrics driven proactive nature that clients and colleagues respect and enjoy working with
How does a typical working day look for Account Manager?
- Review dealer relations and develop quality relationships with key individuals in these dealerships, and keep them informed and aware of new and existing Rijk Zwaan products
- Collaborate with Crop Specialists to organize and execute new product development strategies as well as promotional events, campaigns, and downstream retail relations for various client teams
- Coordinate sales and client team meetings based on client needs to assure healthy communication and team alignment
- Work with Crop Specialists to plan and organize sales budgets, forecasts, and marketing plans
- Organize and implement sales contracts
- Oversee the maintenance and data of client relations management systems
- Work closely with your cross functional client team on general business tasks, such as pricing and incentive programs
We are seeking an Account Manager with the following criteria:
- Ideal candidate will have an Ag business degree with up to 5 years of work experience within an Agribusiness or AgriScience environment. Experience within the vegetable seed business is highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of experience in proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Experience establishing customer-level pricing strategy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into information used to drive decision making
- Proficient with organizational skills along with the ability to plan, organize, execute and monitor changes according to our client’s organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to establish schedules, deadlines, goals, and analyse impact of decisions prior to executing them
- Coordinate resources toward fulfilment of desired objectives
- Ability to organize work autonomously or as part of a team
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Position Location and Travel Requirements
Based at our Salinas, California Office with occasional travel throughout the US and to Europe. 50 estimated travel days per year.
Bachelor’s degree in an Agribusiness or AgriScience-related discipline
Excellent Full Benefits
Please upload your resume and cover letter to this link. You can address your cover letter to Human Resources, Rijk Zwaan USA. If you experience trouble with the link, please contact Loretta Brown for assistance at L.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our human resources department will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. You will hear from us as soon as possible.
Is Rijk Zwaan your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties, sell, and produce seeds globally. From our strategic position, we contribute to the health and well-being of people all over the world. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company, which currently employs over 3,000 people in more than 30 countries. And, above all, the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential. Reinforcing, helping and inspiring one another. That’s how we want to continuously work together towards a healthy future.