Biologist for the position of Patent Specialist
As Patent Specialist within the Business Support R&D department you and your colleagues are responsible for Rijk Zwaan’s patent portfolio. Patent protection of knowledge is becoming increasingly important. In addition to many new varieties and traits, innovative techniques are regularly developed and need to be protected. To that end you will maintain contact with our researchers, breeders and pre-breeders in the Netherlands and abroad. You will proactively seek out new inventions in the company and ensure that patent applications are drafted at the appropriate time. After submission you will be responsible for the remainder of the procedure.
Additionally, you are responsible for:
- Monitoring new developments in the research and breeding field within Rijk Zwaan in relation to patent applications
- Keeping abreast of all developments in the patents field
- The examination of patent applications by third parties and prepare any necessary further steps
- The cooperation with our patent attorneys
You have a strong analytical capability and communicate well. You have a proactive attitude and are enterprising. You can write well and fluently and you have a good feeling for language (including in English). You are creative and work with a focus on solutions and results. You are prepared to travel several times a year, for example to attend conferences and meetings.
In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- At least an academic qualification in plant sciences or biology (possibly a doctorate)
- Completed the Master Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge course at Maastricht University (or similar) or is prepared to take this course
- Knowledge of molecular biology and genetics and a wide interest in plant research
- An affinity with and/or interest in law
As Patent Specialist you will be part of the Business Support R&D department. The department consists of 10+ colleagues, who i.a. work together on Rijk Zwaan’s patent portfolio. Besides an innovative and in international work environment we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start for a minimum of 30 hours and a maximum of 38 hours a week
- An intensive introduction with extensive familiarisation with our researchers, breeders and pre-breeders in the Netherlands and in our foreign subsidiaries
- Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy and Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge trainings
- A good work/life balance
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply' to apply directly. You can address your application to Ellen de Ruiter (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.
An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Rijk Zwaan’s position on intellectual property:
Rijk Zwaan adheres to the Plantum position on patent and plant breeders’ rights. You can read Rijk Zwaan's position on patents on plant traits below. Click here for further information.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In De Lier, nearby Delft, you can find the headquarters of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company, which currently employs over 3,000 people in more than 30 countries. And above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
SamueleRead this story