Managing Director for the Anti-Infringement Bureau
The Anti-Infringement Bureau (AIB) is looking for a Managing Director.
The Anti-Infringement Bureau (AIB) is an international association representing companies in the vegetable seed industry. Our member companies are committed to supporting sustainable horticulture through innovation in vegetable breeding and seed production. The mission of AIB is to prevent and fight infringements of the Intellectual Property (IP) rights of our members by raising awareness among different stakeholders about the importance of IP rights. We perform general market surveys on infringements and illegal reproductions, and support investigations in specific cases. We are connected to a network of regional and national seed associations and IP enforcement authorities in many countries. We are based in Brussels and support vegetable seed companies in all European markets.
The Managing Director’s responsibilities are divided into four key pillars:
A) Execution and coordination of the Bureau’s activities:
- Assisting members, as needed, on other IPrelated matters including global trademark, patent portfolio management and IP-related litigation.
- Establishing partnerships and working collaboratively with international, national and local seed associations and law enforcement agencies.
- Supporting the establishment of IP protection organisations in the vegetable seed industry in other parts of the world.
- Advising and training members on methods to improve the protection of their IP.
B) Investigation and market intelligence:
- Steering and coordinating individual and teams of (international) private investigators and law firms engaged in the ongoing monitoring for counterfeits in the global marketplace.
- Performing operational audits of seed enhancers.
C) Enforcement through partnering with law agencies in the countries concerned.
D) Establishment of new networks and collaborations in untapped territories and countries.
- Full-time position with a preferred starting date of October 1st 2019
- Permanent contract
- Fixed salary
The ideal candidate needs to be flexible and effective in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships, able to travel internationally (up to 40% of time) and willing to work outside of office hours. Experience in the seed industry is advantageous.
Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred. Law enforcement background with solid understanding and experience in general IP matters. Ethical judgment and respect for confidentiality. Thorough knowledge of criminal and civil procedures relating to evidence, privacy, interviewing, breach of contract, fraud, supply chain and intellectual property protection.
Skills and abilities
Fluent in English and competent in French. Italian and/or Spanish is highly desirable . Proven leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and teaching. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills. Advanced project management skills including planning, execution and implementation. Excellent research skills, high attention to detail, selfmotivated, desire and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Information and applications
For more information about this vacancy please contact Casper van Kempen, current Managing Director of AIB, telephone number +31 613 299 392, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may send your CV and covering letter to Maria Valoira, email: email@example.com.
A comprehensive background investigation will be part of the selection process.