Research Technician Bioinformatics – Next Generation Sequencing
As Research Technician Bioinformatics within the biotechnology research facility of Rijk Zwaan, you will join the bioinformatics team and fulfill an essential role by applying various bioinformatics analyses and developing analyses pipelines to answer research questions at Next Generation Sequencing.
You will be working with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data (third generation) and set up analyses and data processing pipelines to support the new applications of NGS within Rijk Zwaan. In close collaboration with bioinformatics group members as well as with researchers of the NGS team at molecular biology, you will develop prototype analysis platforms for use by other experts. At a later stage you provide input for the transfer of these prototypes to production versions that can be used by non-expert users. Additionally, you are responsible for:
- Executing bioinformatics analysis
- Contributing to the development and implementation of new bioinformatics tools and pipelines to facilitate and further expand genomics research at Rijk Zwaan, together with your colleagues
You are an enthusiastic, outgoing team player who looks for solutions and you are not afraid to explore new challenges. You enjoy to work in multidisciplinary projects and are capable of working on several projects in parallel, while upholding high standards. You have a positive attitude with a constant thrive to improve. In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- A bachelor degree with at least 2 years of work experience or a master degree in computer science/Bioinformatics/Computational biology
- Hands on experience with analyzing NGS data and downstream processing (genome assembly, RNAseq data analysis)
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, R
- Experience in bioinformatics pipeline development
- Knowledge of plant biology and/or plant breeding
As Research Technician Bioinformatics you will be part of the bioinformatics team. The team consists of 12 specialists who analyse genomic data on a wide range of plant varieties, and help our breeders to speed up the breeding process. Besides that, we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start (32-38 hours/week)
- A good work/life balance
- Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- The freedom to take the initiative and to develop yourself further within an organization where 30% of the turnover is invested in R&D
- Daily fresh soups, salads and/or fruit
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply' to apply directly. You can address your application to Jeanet van Someren (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
In Fijnaart, West-Brabant, you can find a Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company, which currently employs over 3,300 people in more than 30 countries. And above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Application Specialist R&D
FransRead this story