Researcher Cell Biology
What will your job as Researcher Cell Biology at Rijk Zwaan entail?
As a Researcher Cell Biology you will work on regeneration systems using state-of-the-art technology. Besides basic research on the biology of regeneration, you will play a central, coordinating role in setting up applied procedures on regeneration of tissue and cell cultures in our lab. You will perform internal research activities, evaluate progress on implementation and proactively make suggestions for improvements and new directions in research. You will establish and maintain contacts with external experts and participate in external research projects. Beside this you:
- Scout and, if appropriate, implement technology in house at the research level, relevant for plant cell regeneration analysis and protocol development
- Proactively define and explore new areas of interest in a spirit of entrepreneurship
- Adapt and improve regeneration protocols so they become suitable for large scale implementation
- Collaborate with Cell Bio implementation lab to establish large scale protocols.
- Coordinate and plan - under supervision of the Research Leader cell biology research - the multidisciplinary research activities and the implementation of available technologies in collaboration with the implementation groups
What you will bring to the job
You are experienced in coordinating and performing research in multidisciplinary teams. You are a team player and are able to build consensus and take decisions, for example in collaboration with the applied labs by implementing and evaluating new protocols. You have excellent communication and analytical skills to do so. Furthermore you have a deep interest in the latest scientific insights and technologies in the field of Cell Biology and an entrepreneurial attitude to advance and speed up plant breeding.
We would also expect to see the following on your CV:
- A PhD degree in Molecular Cell Biology
- One or more Postdoc positions
- Good command of spoken Dutch or willing to learn
As Researcher Cell Biology you will be part of our Cell Biology Research Team. The department consists of 16 colleagues seeing new basic insights into cellular and molecular processes of regeneration as a very promising new field that can greatly contribute to plant breeding technology.
As well as a growing international research environment, we would offer you:
- An immediate, permanent 30 or 38-hour-a-week contract
- A market salary consistent with job level and experience
- A range of training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- The opportunity to put basal research into practice
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply, click on ‘Apply’ to apply right away. You can send your application to Jeanet van Someren (Human Resources Advisor).
Your application will have to be carefully assessed by several people, so you will receive a response within two weeks.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally. Rijk Zwaan invests heavily in breeding programs and in research to support innovation for our crops and our product development. We want to be at the forefront of those areas of plant science that are applicable to our processes and products. Our largest research group is located in our biotechnology lab in Fijnaart. In this lab, research groups work on molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bio-informatics, quantitative genetics, biochemistry and cell biology. A large part of the research is multidisciplinary.
SamueleRead this story