Do you have relevant work experience in sales and account management in the retail industry, food service in México and a good understanding of the supply chain of Fruit and Vegetables and its players? Then we are looking for you!
What does your job as Account Manager Retail at Rijk Zwaan look like?
You do what is necessary to create awareness and Sales for the varieties and brands of Rijk Zwaan. Support your (international) colleagues, the growers, traders and retailers with the introduction of varieties and brands in the local and destination markets.
In the roll of Account Manager Retail you combine different tasks like marketing, sales, presentation in public and organizing fairs.
You have a good understanding of the supply chain of vegetables. Both locally as of the destination markets (Canada and USA). You connect with the key players in this supply chain. From grower to trader, from retailer to consumer. You safeguard the quality of the projects of Rijk Zwaan and create business opportunities by connecting companies, colleagues and individual growers with traders, supermarkets and consumers.
Within the Mexican Rijk Zwaan organization, you are responsible for:
- Building up a network and a full understanding of the companies, key-persons and the supplier/buyer relations in the vegetable supply chain in Mexico. With links to the USA and Canada.
- Building up a network and close cooperation with international Retail Chain colleagues and specially the colleagues involved in Retail Chain and Account Management in Mexico, USA and Canada.
1) new product / project introductions,
2) Organizing and participating at fairs,
3) Supporting the Rijk Zwaan representatives in their markets,
4) connect with retail organizations and help them introduce Rijk Zwaan products products
- Expand the understanding of the supply chain and its players by:
- Travel to different regions in Mexico to connect with the local producers and retailers.
- Close cooperation with the Account Manager Retail in the USA and Canada
- Develop relationships with the retail chains, trading companies and food service players
- Visit their main growers and suppliers and introduce and promote Rijk Zwaan varieties
- Introduce new marketing concepts to retail, trade and food service industry and their suppliers.
- Creation of support materials for RZ customers like packaging and in store promotion materials (together with colleagues in the office);
- Initiate new business development in the fresh supply chain;
- New product introduction
- International approach Mex-USA-Can
- International approach Mex-USA-Can setting up (international) year-round supply of products and sourcing from good quality growers, linking them to trading companies, wholesalers and supermarkets.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- A University degree in Marketing, Public relations or equivalent with more than 5 years of relevant work experience in sales and account management in the retail industry, food service in México.
- Independent and proactive approach, making your own planning and executing projects in a team
- Knowledge and affection with the Fruit and vegetable sector in Mexico / North America
- A good understanding of the supply chain of Fruit and Vegetables and its players
- Communicative, you like to interact and like to understand the companies you work with
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Open and internationally orientated
- Team player
- An eye for detail
- Enjoy frequent travelling, both domestic as internationally
- Focus on building long term relations
- Customer service oriented
Get to know more about Rijk Zwaan México
If you meet the aforementioned characteristics and want to know more about this vacancy, send us your CV (in English) to the email: email@example.com