Vacancy Data Steward Bioinformatics
- Netherlands, Fijnaart
- IT | Research & Breeding
- PhD | Master
Do you want to develop and maintain data management and procedures that lead to stable companywide availability of genomics data? If so, apply for this vacancy for a Data Steward Bioinformatics at our facility in Fijnaart.
How does your job as Data Steward Bioinformatics at Rijk Zwaan look like?
In the biotechnology research facility of Rijk Zwaan, you will join the bioinformatics team to further develop and maintain data management and procedures for various bioinformatics applications, such as genome assembly and variant calling. In close consultation with researchers and technicians, you will develop data management guidelines, implement and maintain technical solutions that assure FAIR data management of the most relevant data generated at bioinformatics. In these projects, you will work in close collaboration with other research departments and data governance experts at Rijk Zwaan to assure that guidelines fit within the larger data governance strategy within Rijk Zwaan. You will be the main person involved in assuring proper data management that will lead to stable company wide availability of genomics data. You thrive to engage stakeholders and find data management solutions for large dataset generated for complex analyses. Additionally, you are responsible for:
- Playing a supportive role in answering biological questions by deploying available bioinformatics solutions for the team and other Rijk Zwaan researchers
- Taking lead in setting up integrative resource platforms for comparative genomics applications.
In this way, the position will offer you versatile challenges in a research environment and the opportunity to participate directly in the innovation process.
You are an enthusiastic team player who looks for solutions and you are not afraid to explore new challenges. You have a ‘can do’ attitude with a constant drive to improve. In addition, your cv ticks the following boxes:
- A master degree with at least 3 years of working experience or a PhD in Computer science/Bioinformatics/Computational biology
- Hands on experience with FAIR principles and semantic data modeling
- Experience in setting up data policies and deploying data management solutions
- Experience in Linux environment (installation and testing of software and databases)
- Affinity with Genomics (NGS) data
What can you expect from us?
As Data steward you will be part of bioinformatics team. The teams consists of 12 specialists who work on new tools that speed up our breeding processes. Besides a growing international work environment, we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start (32-38 hours per week)
- Market-based salary based on job level and experience
- Various training courses and opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- An innovative work environment with constantly new challenges
- A good work / life balance
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In Fijnaart, West-Brabant, you can find a Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan.
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally.
From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
You can address your application to Jeanet van Someren (Advisor Human Resources). Click on 'Apply' to apply directly.
We will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. You will hear from us within two weeks.
We zijn niet op zoek naar samenwerking met w&s bureau's
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
In order to guarantee the continuity of our products and to offer our customers better and more sustainable varieties, we are continuously researching in different areas to expand our knowledge. Watch this video to find out how.