Vacancy Graduation Opportunity Smart Farming Technologies
- Netherlands, De Lier
- Marketing & Sales | Internship
- Master | Bachelor
Do you want to work at an international and dynamic company? Are you interested in the horticultural industry? This internship is for you!
How does your internship at Rijk Zwaan look like?
With the use of IoT in precision agriculture, a farmer gets more visibility into the growth of his crop. Sensors measure the moisture in the soil and allow the farmer to know if he needs to irrigate. A drone's picture provides insight into the fertility of the soil or the size of the plant. This data information can be used to make decisions on how to farm, control farming machines that drive over the land or indicate the supermarket when the product will be ready.
As Rijk Zwaan we supply the seeds of these vegetables to our customers, the growers of for example lettuce or broccoli. You will be challenged to design a vision and develop concepts on how we can service these growers by using smart farming technologies.
- making market & technology research in the area of IoT in precision agriculture;
- development of a strategic positioning for the role of a seed supplier in servicing customers worldwide using IoT;
- identifying business opportunities;
- translating these into innovative, sustainable and strategic concepts;
- making a benchmark of potential competitors and identifying potential partnerships.
You are an innovative person with a curious mind-set and interest in the horticultural industry. You are outgoing, proactive and willing to interact with (international) colleagues or ‘get your feet dirty’ by doing customer research in the field. You are expected to drive the project independently, but with the support from several people in the organisation. Moreover, we can find the following in your resume:
- you are currently studying a BSc or a MSc degree, preferably in Strategic Product Design, International Business and Management or Business Development and Entrepreneurship or similar;
- you have good communication skills and able to communicate ideas and designs clearly;
- you are acquainted with market research;
- you are fluent in English and able to communicate in Dutch as well;
- you are open to travel abroad if needed.
What can you expect from us?
Besides a growing international work environment, we are happy to offer you:
- appropriate internship and travel allowance;
- the freedom to take the initiative and work on your own development;
- guidance from colleagues of our Digital Commerce department;
- monthly intern lunches;
- the period of the internship will be based on the requirements of the university.
- daily fresh soups, salads and/or fruit.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In De Lier, nearby Delft, you can find the headquarters of Rijk Zwaan.
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally.
From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you prefer to get started tomorrow? Click on "Apply" to apply immediately. You can send your application to Emma van der Lans.
Because your application is carefully assessed by several people, you will receive a response within two weeks. If we are enthusiastic about your profile, we will schedule an introductory meeting with the internship supervisor. During the introductory interview, the amount of the internship allowance is also discussed.
Open internship application
- Netherlands, Nationwide
Open sollicitatie stage
- Netherlands, Nationwide
Stagiaire projet melon / courgette H/F
- France, Aramon
- Research & Breeding
Podcast Young Rijk Zwaan
'Verbinding na werktijd'
Luister deze podcast over dé organisatie voor en door young-minded collega’s van Rijk Zwaan. Sem de Koning (Software Ontwikkelaar) en Angela van der Maarel (Trial Coordinator) vertellen over de diverse events waardoor collega’s elkaar op een informele manier ontmoeten en beter leren kennen.