Are you an IT Support Engineer with a BSc degree in the area of computer engineering (University or comparable level)? Do you have at least three years of relevant experience in the area and are you fluent in English and able to travel?
What does your job as IT Support Specialist at Rijk Zwaan look like?
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and developing the ICT infrastructure of Rijk Zwaan in Chile and occasionally other subsidiaries. The ICT infrastructure is connected and highly integrated with the global ICT-infrastructure of the Rijk Zwaan Group. It is important that our future colleague is capable to find the right balance between being highly self-supporting and the obligation to comply with the central ICT solutions and policies of Rijk Zwaan.
- Support and maintenance of local IT Infrastructures (hardware, network, telephony, etc.)
- Support and maintenance of local users of IT facilities (end-users).
- Assist local RZ employees in using applications.
- Participate in international projects and activities.
- Communication with / point of contact of IMS department in The Netherlands.
- Contact point for local (IT) suppliers.
- Create and maintain (IT) documentation.
- Support implementation of new versions of the standard business applications for Breeding, Production, Logistics, Finance and HR.
- Other activities necessary to support the growth of Rijk Zwaan.
- Able to work on his/her own, coordinate and communicate properly (both internally as externally).
- Broad ICT knowledge and experience.
- Multi-tasking and service oriented. Hands on experience in Windows OS (both server and client OS), Citrix, Fortinet and preferable Lotus Notes.
- Experience with HP and/or Cisco UCS (server), Cisco network technology or similar products.
- Preferable experience with mobile devices and climate computers.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Experience: minimal 3 years working as an IT professional
- Being able to make yourself clear (both verbal as non-verbal) in English (note: RZ company language is English)
- Willing to travel.
- Preferable living near to the Rijk Zwaan site in Chile (Curacaví, RM).
- Own vehicle for transport.
What can you expect from us?
- A solid position in a strong vegetable seed company.
- A great labour environment within a cooperative team.
- International exposure and many options to develop your skills and career within Rijk Zwaan.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally. From our strategic position we contribute to the health and well-being of people all over the world. Everything we do is about growth, the growth of natural products that we export around the world, the growth of our company, which currently employs over 3,600 people in over 30 countries. And above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential, working with colleagues to produce the best and tastiest vegetables. Reinforcing, helping and inspiring one another. That’s how we want to continuously work together towards a healthy future.