Do you have a passion for genetics and breeding? Would you like to be part of a team that enthusiastically and successfully develops innovative products? If so, apply for this vacancy for a Lettuce Breeder at our facility in Fijnaart.
How does your job as Lettuce Breeder at Rijk Zwaan look like?
In the role of Lettuce Breeder, you contribute to the development of the next generation of successful varieties offering new resistances and new concepts. You split your time between the office, the field and the greenhouse. You’re responsible for all kinds of breeding tasks such as monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the various selection and variety trials, both at home and abroad.
In addition, you contribute to:
- The planning, organisation and – where necessary – improvement of the breeding activities.
- The collaboration with other departments such as crop maintenance, production and sales/marketing.
- Ultimately, the best varieties are chosen for our customers in conjunction with the local sales teams.
You have a passion for genetics, a keen eye for detail and a pragmatic approach. You enjoy analysing data and looking for creative solutions. You have good organisational skills and are able to maintain a clear overview. You like working in a team but can also work well autonomously. You are a strong communicator and have a consultative decision-making style. Furthermore, you are able to assess the value of new breeding concepts and to translate them into feasible breeding projects. You are happy to travel regularly for business (including abroad, due to the international nature of this role).
In addition, your CV ticks the following boxes:
- A scientific degree, e.g. in plant sciences
- Affinity with the horticultural sector
- Good command of Dutch and English
What can you expect from us?
As a Lettuce Breeder, you will be part of a large team of specialists developing new lettuce varieties – for both open-field and greenhouse production – for the worldwide market.
In addition, we’re happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract (for min. 32 hours and max. 38 hours a week) from the start
- Various training opportunities and courses through our own Rijk Zwaan Academy
- International business travel related to your role
- The opportunity for entrepreneurship and to work on your own development
- The opportunity to contribute to a healthy future for everyone.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of our business; worldwide availability of vegetable seeds for the growth of healthy products. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply now' to apply directly. You can address your application Jeanet van Someren (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.
An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Do you have questions about this position or would you like to discuss before you decide to apply? Send a whatsapp message to +3174704253 or via this link
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
In order to guarantee the continuity of our products and to offer our customers better and more sustainable varieties, we are continuously researching in different areas to expand our knowledge. Watch this video to find out how.