Are you inspired to develop new solutions for genomic research? Do you like to start from an idea to prototype till implemented tool? If so, apply for this full-time Scientific Programmer position at our office in Fijnaart, The Netherlands.
How does your job as Scientific Programmer at Rijk Zwaan look like?
In the biotechnology research facility of Rijk Zwaan, you will join the bioinformatics team to design and develop new tools/pipelines for various bioinformatics applications. In close consultation with researchers and technicians, you will prototype new software/pipelines and implement them into stable (company-wide) solutions. In these projects, you will work in close collaboration with IT teams at Rijk Zwaan. You independently scout for new (open source) tools, introduce them to the bioinformatics team and test them on usability. You will be the main person involved in converting research level code to production level code that will lead to stable company wide data analyses solutions. Additionally, you are responsible for:
- Playing a supportive role in answering biological questions by deploying available bioinformatics solutions for the team and other Rijk Zwaan researchers
- Taking lead in setting up integrative resource platforms for comparative genomics applications.
In this way, the position will offer you versatile challenges in a research environment and the opportunity to participate directly in the innovation process.
You are an enthusiastic team player who looks for solutions and you are not afraid to explore new challenges. You have a ‘can do’ attitude with a constant drive to improve. In addition, your CV ticks the following boxes:
- A master degree with at least 3 years of working experience or a PhD in Computer science/Bioinformatics/Computational biology, with a strong computational/software background
- Expert in at least one programming language and comfortable with few more languages (e.g. Python, Java, R, C++, Unix/Shell scripting)
- Proven track record in research software development (including code management)
- Experience in Linux environment (installation and testing of softwares and databases)
- Proven track record of developing and deploying bioinformatics tools
What can you expect from us?
As Scientific Programmer you will be part of bioinformatics team. The teams consists of 11 specialist who work on new tools that speed up our breeding processes. Besides a growing international work environment we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start (32-38 hours per week)
- Market-based salary based on job level and experience
- Various training courses and opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- An innovative work environment with constantly new challenges
- A good work / life balance
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In Fijnaart, West-Brabant, you can find a Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply now' to apply directly. You can address your application to Jeanet van Someren.
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
Om de continuïteit van onze producten te waarborgen en onze klanten betere en duurzamere rassen te bieden, onderzoeken we continu op verschillende gebieden om onze kennis uit te breiden. Bekijk deze video om erachter te komen hoe.