Do you have a passion for plant research and breeding? And do you love the challenge of putting the research findings into practice? If so, you could be just the Specialist Molecular Breeding we are looking for to join our breeding department in Fijnaart!
What will your role as Specialist Molecular Breeding at Rijk Zwaan entail?
As Specialist Molecular Breeding, you play an essential part in innovating the breeding process for various open-field crops. The focus within this role is on marker-assisted breeding. You are responsible for the correct utilisation of the breeding software and translating the findings from the molecular research into the real-life breeding work. In your role, you bridge the gaps between the breeders, the prebreeding team, the genomic breeders and the software developers.
In concrete terms, your activities include:
- Actively supporting breeding teams with the implementation of newly developed marker strategies and analysis tools, e.g. complex reverse crossings and systematic analysis of combination suitability;
- Analysis of the portfolio of reverse crossing programmes per crop;
- Facilitating smooth knowledge sharing between prebreeding and the breeding teams;
- Implementing, optimising and administering the breeding software.
What do we ask of you?
You are a proactive team player with strong communication skills and a hands-on attitude. You work in an organised manner and are happy to take the initiative in further streamlining the processes. Project-based working is right up your street.
In addition, your CV ticks the following boxes:
- A university degree related to breeding, molecular biology or (plant) genetics;
- Experience in marker assisted breeding, QTL mapping, or association studies;
- Good command of the English language.
What can you expect from us?
The Specialist Molecular Breeding is a member of the Breeding Terra team. The department is an enthusiastic team of over 35 colleagues who work on breeding programmes every day aimed at developing the very best varieties. In addition to an ever-growing international working environment, we are pleased to offer you:
- A permanent contract for 38 hours per week, right from the start;
- An extensive onboarding programme (Sharing Rijk Zwaan);
- Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy;
- A good work-life balance.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In Fijnaart, West-Brabant, you can find a Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? You can address your application to Karin Godthelp - den Heeten (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
Om de continuïteit van onze producten te waarborgen en onze klanten betere en duurzamere rassen te bieden, onderzoeken we continu op verschillende gebieden om onze kennis uit te breiden. Bekijk deze video om erachter te komen hoe.