Are you a good organizer and do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with many development opportunities? Then we have this vacancy for Specialist Process Optimization Breeding available at our branch in Lier.
What does your position as Specialist Process Optimization Breeding at Rijk Zwaan look like?
Within the team of selection coordinators, you are responsible for improvement projects in the field of planning and logistics within breeding. This team supports the breeders who are developing new vegetable varieties for sweet pepper, hot pepper and eggplant. You identify with the breeders which processes need improvement, develop project proposals with your project team, and then lead the implementation.
You are also involved in:
- Prioritising and structuring proposed process improvements
- Managing the configuration and development of breeding software
- Participating in projects together with coordinators from other departments, such as implementation of a new software package
What you bring:
You have good communication skills and can deal with resistance to change by involving people in your projects. You are motivated to improve processes and want to bring added value to the breeding process. You have perseverance and are good at keeping an overview. You can handle the dynamic environment well.
In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- Minimum HBO working and thinking level obtained through training and/or experience
- You have an affinity with software development
- Experience as a breeder is an advantage
- Good command of the English language and a willingness to learn Dutch
What can you expect from us?
As a Specialist Process Optimization Breeding you will be part of the Aubrika breeding department and contribute to the development of new crops. You will receive an extensive training period during which you will become acquainted with all aspects of breeding. In addition, we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract for 30 to 38 hours a week from the start.
- Various training options and courses through our own Rijk Zwaan Academy
- An extensive onboarding program (Sharing Rijk Zwaan)
- The space to develop yourself and be entrepreneurial
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan has a Research & Development location in De Lier, South Holland. An international family business with a people-oriented corporate culture. Rijk Zwaan is at the beginning of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds to growers and other chain partners all over the world. We can and want to contribute to the world food supply from our position. This is all about healthy growth. The growth of a natural, healthy product, which we export worldwide. The growth of our company and especially the growth of our employees. With us you get all the space to be entrepreneurial and develop yourself.
You can send your application to Elsa van der Meer (Human Resources Advisor). Click on 'Apply' to apply immediately.
Because your application will be carefully assessed by several people, you will receive a response within two weeks. An assessment is part of the procedure.
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
In order to guarantee the continuity of our products and to offer our customers better and more sustainable varieties, we are continuously researching in different areas to expand our knowledge. Watch this video to find out how.