Do you want to lead an enthusiastic team of independent specialists and make a substantive contribution in the development of advanced crop cultivation methods and varieties with desired physiology? Then you are the Team Leader we are looking for!
What does your job as Team Leader Crop Physiology at Rijk Zwaan look like?
The department of Seed Technology consists of multiple, specialised teams that conduct research on plant growth and quality improvement of vegetable seeds. Research outcomes are applied in various parts of the company, such as breeding, seed production and seed treatments.
As Team Leader Crop Physiology, you manage a team of 5 specialists that investigates the relation between plants and their environment. Think of the projects like influencing flowering behavior or investigating crop performance under water shortage conditions.
As a people-oriented manager you inspire and coach these independently operating professionals. You often work together with colleagues from breeding or other R&D departments. In addition, you will be involved in:
• Shaping and implementing a joint long term vision for your research team
• Cooperate with the other team leaders Seed Technology and Research Managers to define long terms goals for Seed Technology Research
• motivating, guiding and managing colleagues in the execution of their projects
• Signaling and initiating new research topics and projects in the field of crop physiology and abiotic stress
• Contributing to innovative projects, to for example implement new techniques, build new resources, facilities or software to support research activities
You are collaborative and you have a hands-on mentality and strong communication skills. Furthermore you are able to approach issues from different angles and you naturally like to develop (creative) solutions, opportunities and possibilities. You have strong organisational skills, work in a structured manner and you generally take a pragmatic approach to tackle challenges within an interdisciplinary research environment, keeping all stakeholders aboard. You have excellent English skills and you are willing to learn Dutch. In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
• A completed university education, preferably a PhD in the field of crop physiology or abiotic stress
• Experience in leading a team in combination with research experience
What can you expect from us?
As Team Leader Crop Physiology you will be part of the Seed Technology department. The department consists of several specialists, who conduct research on plant growth and quality improvement of vegetable seeds. At Rijk Zwaan you get a lot of freedom to initiate research, to conduct it yourself and the opportunity to start projects that have a direct impact on the global food supply. In addition to an innovative working environment where colleagues are open to innovation and want to share successes with each other, we are happy to offer you:
• Immediately a permanent contract
• Good salary based on job level and experience
• Various training options and courses through our own Rijk Zwaan Academy
• Good work-life balance
• Daily fresh soups, salads and/or fruit
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In De Lier, nearby Delft, you can find the headquarters of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply' to apply directly. You can address your application to Madlen Bendel (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.
An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
In order to guarantee the continuity of our products and to offer our customers better and more sustainable varieties, we are continuously researching in different areas to expand our knowledge. Watch this video to find out how.