Vacancy Team Leader Pre-breeding
- Netherlands, De Lier
- Research & Breeding
Do you want to contribute to our breeding program? Do you enjoy leading extensive R&D projects and do you have excellent communication skills? If so, apply for this vacancy for a Team Leader Pre-breeding at our facility in De Lier.
What does your role as Team Leader Pre-breeding entail?
As a Team Leader Pre-breeding, you are part of the Aubrika breeding department. The department focuses on the development of new varieties for Sweet pepper, Hot pepper and Eggplant. The Pre-breeding team supports the development of the new varieties by doing interdisciplinary research. You will manage a team consisting of six people and you discuss with your team members, both on content and strategy. In addition, you often work together with R&D colleagues from other departments such as bioinformatics, molecular biology, biochemistry and phytopathology. You will also be involved in:
• Motivating, guiding and managing colleagues in the execution of their projects, paying attention to their personal development and the content of the projects as well
• Managing the pre-breeding project portfolio, and initiating new projects in line with the crop strategy
• Thinking along in the implementation of pre-breeding research results in breeding
• Translating bottlenecks and opportunities into concrete projects from research into breeding and vice versa
• Thinking along and participating in new initiatives and projects in new technology and software to enable the research
You are proactive, communicative, and empathic and enjoy providing both structure and guidance for the employees in their work.
You are goal oriented in a multidisciplinary research environment and able to include all stakeholders and interests. You naturally think in solutions and opportunities.
You enjoy both project and portfolio management, easily bring people together and enjoy sharing your work and results. You are capable of translating research into practical breeding applications.
You are fluent in English, willing to learn Dutch and you are happy to go on the occasional business trip abroad. In addition, your CV ticks the following boxes:
- You have at least a Msc degree with a specialization on genetics and/or breeding
- You have at least 5 years of experience in managing a research team (PhD included)
What can you expect from us?
As Team Leader Pre-breeding, you will be part of the Aubrika department. The team consists of specialists working on new resistant vegetable varieties. Rijk Zwaan offers the opportunity to initiate and execute research that affect the world food supply. In addition to an ever-expanding international working environment, we are pleased to offer you:
- A permanent contract for a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 38 hours per week, right from the start
- Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- The freedom to take the initiative and work on your own development
- Foreign business trips
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In De Lier, nearby Delft, you can find the headquarters of Rijk Zwaan.
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally.
From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
You can send your application to Elsa van der Meer (Advisor Human Resources). Simply click on ‘Apply’ to apply directly.
Several people will carefully consider your application, but we aim to respond to you within two weeks of receipt. The procedure includes an assessment.
Research at Rijk Zwaan – where groundbreaking ideas matter
In order to guarantee the continuity of our products and to offer our customers better and more sustainable varieties, we are continuously researching in different areas to expand our knowledge. Watch this video to find out how.