Are you enthusiastic about the possibilities that artificial intelligence offers and are you looking for an innovative working environment where you can put your knowledge to practice? Then apply for this vacancy for Machine Learning Engineer in Fijnaart.
What does your job as Machine Learning Engineer at Rijk Zwaan look like?
Within this role, you are responsible for the practical implementation and maintenance of machine learning and deep learning solutions. In this function you collaborate closely with computer vision experts, deep learning specialists, software developers and statisticians. Your main job is to:
- Create pipelines from different preprocessing algorithms and deep learning models by rewriting the research algorithms developed by your colleagues into efficient and stable Python code and scripts
- Wrap all into stable end-to-end solutions, for example Docker containers
- Develop these solutions, together with software developers, into intuitive and easy-to-use web-applications
You are an engineer who likes to take initiative and who has an eye for detail. You have a solution-oriented mindset, enjoy helping colleagues and have good communication skills that contribute to achieving your main responsibility. In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- A completed university degree (MSc) in computer science, computer vision, data science, artificial intelligence or informatics
- Programming skills in Python
- Experience with Linux and Docker; experience in edge-AI is a plus
What can you expect from us?
This vacancy is for a position within the image analysis team, a team that consists of 8 people focussing on applying computer vision, machine learning and/or deep learning algorithms on digital image analysis and as such facilitating the possibilities for breeding, research and production departments.
In addition, we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start (32-38 hours/week)
- The possibility to travel abroad for conferences and relevant trainings
- The freedom to take the initiative and to develop yourself further within an organization where 30% of the turnover is invested in R&D
- The possibility to contribute to contribute to the world food supply
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
In Fijnaart, West-Brabant, you can find a Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan. Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply' to apply directly. You can address your application to Jeanet van Someren (Advisor Human Resources).
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Innovatie in de plantenveredeling is een belangrijke motor voor het vergroten van de beschikbaarheid van ons voedsel en de voedselzekerheid. Bijvoorbeeld met betrekking tot het versterken van de weerstand tegen plantenziekten en het verbeteren van de toleranties van gewassen voor stress, droogte en overstromingen. Bekijk deze video over de Nederlandse innovatieve tuinbouwsector.