Do you want to be a key player in the international phytopathology research of Rijk Zwaan and play an important role in supporting local breeding and commercial activities in India? If so, apply for this vacancy at our station in Garakahalli (Bangalore).
What does your job as Phytopathology Specialist at Rijk Zwaan look like?
As Phytopathology Specialist within the Phytopathology department you fulfill an essential role. Rijk Zwaan has a central team of phytopathological researchers that have specialized on specific pathogens and/or pests. In specific countries, we have built satellite disease testing stations, to test our varieties under field conditions. We are looking for a phytopathology researcher to support our activities in India locally. All activities will be in close collaboration with our central phytopathology and breeding departments in De Lier, The Netherlands. Additionally, you are responsible for:
• The Support to commercial team in processing of diagnostic samples and the station manager with implementing hygiene protocols at the station(s)
• The development and execution of disease tests, and thereby you will support the breeding programs and take the lead in disease and pest evaluation in breeding and specific screening trails
• All activities will be in close collaboration with our central phytopathology and breeding departments in Europe
You have good communication and managerial skill to execute the phytopathology field trials at various locations. In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
• A completed Masters degree, in the field of Phytopathology
• At least 5-8 years of relevant in working with plant pathogens
• Knowledge and experience of working with vegetable crops
What can you expect from us?
As Phytopathologist you will be part of the R&D Team which consists of Breeding, Product development & global phytopathology department. We are happy to offer you
• A permanent contract from the start
• Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
• A good work/life balance
• An entrepreneurial / innovative work environment with constantly new challenges
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of our business; worldwide availability of vegetable seeds for the growth of healthy products. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential. At Garakahalli, Bangalore, you can find the Research & Development location of Rijk Zwaan India.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? You can address your application to email@example.com.
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.