Are you passionate about people and wish for your colleagues to work in a pleasant and safe environment? The Health, Safety & People Assistant vacancy is a permanent full-time position at our Head Office in Almería.
You will join the Human Resources team and report to the Managing Director focused on HR. You will be responsible for actively contributing to our corporate mission: to offer our employees a long-term and pleasant working environment and for promoting a positive safety culture also.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Develop, implement and monitor the health, safety and wellbeing policy.
- Ensure health and safety compliance and awareness is adhered to, ensuring the safety of all employees, customers, and visitors to the company.
- Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and legal requirements are implemented throughout the company.
- Arrange for the delivery of local workshops to compliment company procedures and policies.
- Act as the initial point of contact within the business for all Health, Safety and Environmental issues such as induction, visitors, and enforcement agencies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor environmental policies.
- Manage and co-ordinate internship programs from recruitment to exit.
- Support the development and implementation of the company’s annual Learning & Development Plan.
- Monitor the working hours registration system for all employees.
We are seeking a Health, Safety & People Assistant with:
- Degree or BSc in Human Resources, Psychology or Double degree in Business Administration and Law or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced level of English. We are an international company and communication with colleagues around the world is crucial.
- Master's degree in Health, Safety and Environment or any related qualification would be an asset.
What skills are important to us?
- People orientated.
- Able to work on your own initiative and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and passion for the job.
- Highly organized, efficient, and good attention to detail.
- Accountable and committed: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution.
- Digital skills
We can offer you:
We really value and invest in our people providing opportunities for career development and progression, offering training and a dynamic working environment. As well as a pleasant collaboration with colleagues in different teams and countries, we are pleased to offer you:
- A permanent contract right from the start.
- Integration within a well-performing team.
- Great benefits package.
- A wide range of training opportunities.
- Career progression for your continued professional development journey.
Rijk Zwaan, your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family business with an employee-oriented corporate culture. We are at the beginning of the food supply chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them to growers all over the world. Our business activities are oriented towards the long term. That is why we offer our employees a permanent contract right from the start.
From our strategic position, we can and do contribute to the health and well-being of people all over the world. Everything we do is about growth: the growth of the natural products we export around the world; the growth of our company, which now employs some 3,800 people in more than 30 countries; and most importantly, the growth of our people. We give them every opportunity to use their initiative and develop their full potential; to work with their colleagues to make the most of nature, to empower, help and inspire each other. In this way, we strive to work together continuously towards a healthy future, in line with our mission statement.
We are looking for employees with a high level of motivation and commitment. Our company is based on innovation and creativity; we need people with a creative attitude and way of working to develop our products. Do you identify with our values?
You can address your application in our candidate website. We will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. You will hear from us as soon as possible.