Are you a people oriented manager? And do you want to contribute to our breeding programs with your passion for plant breeding? Then you are the Breeding Manager we are looking for in the Netherlands!
What does your job as Breeding Manager at Rijk Zwaan look like?
As Breeding Manager within Rijk Zwaan you fulfill an essential role by managing the processes of our international breeding programs and challenging, guiding and coaching colleagues in the execution of their breeding programs and research projects.
Rijk Zwaan has a unique corporate culture, many departments are led by two managers. This means you will lead the department together with your fellow Breeding Manager and substantively direct the breeders abroad, who work in your crop. The department consist of several teams: breeding, prebreeding and support. Both personal development, coaching and a positive working atmosphere, as the project itself are equally important in your position. You will collaborate with various departments as commere, R&D, implementation laboratories, seed production and breeding operations. Additionally, you are responsible for:
- Determining the crop strategy and associated breeding goals, together with commerce and management
- Managing the global portfolio of breeding programs and pre-breeding projects and initiating new projects in line with the crop strategy
- Stimulating the implementation of new technology and methods within the department
- Developments in the field of intellectual property (patents and breeder’s rights) in consultation with our specialists in this field.
- Close co-operation with international R&D Managers regarding executed breeding programs for your department.
- Investment- and personnel planning and hiring new colleagues
- Frequent visiting our worldwide breeding facilities
You are a real people manager. You enjoy coaching, guiding and helping our employees with their personal development. You are communicative, customer-friendly and focused on collaboration, both inside and outside the organization and you have intercultural sensitivity. You are also a good planner, organizer and negotiator and have a great sense of responsibility and strategic insight. In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- A completed Master, for example in the field of Plant Sciences
- 5+ years of experience in plant breeding or breeding research
- Willing to learn Dutch
- Proven leadership skills and/or experience
- Goede beheersing van de Nederlandse en Engelse taal
- Aantoonbaar leidinggevende capaciteiten en/of ervaring
- Willing to travel frequently
What can you expect from us?
Within Rijk Zwaan authorities and responsibilities are delegated as much as possible under de-centralised management. We give freedom to our breeding departments to organize work in an optimal way for both colleagues and the crop. This results in excellent varieties which have direct impact on the world food supply. Rijk Zwaan invests almost 30% of its turnover in R&D on a yearly basis. Besides an international, innovative working environment with colleagues willing to share innovation and successes we are happy to offer you:
- A permanent contract from the start (38 hrs a week)
- Good salary based on job level and experience
- Various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy
- A good work/life balance
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of our business; worldwide availability of vegetable seeds for the growth of healthy products. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply now' to apply directly. You can address your application to Emilie ten Bokkel Huinink (Group Manager Human Resources)
As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.
An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Do you want to know more before you decide to apply? Please contact Jair Haanstra, Breeding Manager on +316 53 12 52 65 or firstname.lastname@example.org
One worldwide family
Het primaire doel van Rijk Zwaan is medewerkers een prettige en duurzame baan bieden met goede arbeidsvoorwaarden. De werksfeer is motiverend en informeel. Onze collega’s werken graag samen en zijn ondernemend, loyaal, gemotiveerd en betrokken. In deze film maak je kennis met een aantal collega's. Van Nederland tot China en van Rusland tot Tanzania, iedereen kan zichzelf zijn en heeft hetzelfde gevoel: 'Wij zijn Rijk Zwaan'.