Are you passionate about horticulture and curious about the developments in horticulture? Do you have experience in working in horticulture in Malaysia? Then you are the Product Development Specialist we are looking for in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia.
What does your job as Product Development Specialist at Rijk Zwaan look like?Rijk Zwaan is committed to develop the vegetable seed market and promote Rijk Zwaan varieties to growers, wholesalers and retailers in Malaysia. We believe in finding the best possible varieties to growers and helping them to get the best yield and quality, while keeping in mind the requirements of the end-users. As Product Development Specialist you fulfill an essential role in carrying out product development and sales activities in the main vegetable growing regions in Malaysia (focus on Cameron Highlands) in close cooperation with RZ distributor(s) in order to achieve a higher market share for Rijk Zwaan.
Additionally, you are responsible for:
Product development activities
- organizing (pre) commercial trials, in cooperation with the Trial and Area manager, to identify potential new varieties;
- developing commercial introduction plans of RZ varieties and concepts in the protected vegetable market;
- collecting, analyzing and sharing trial information with RZ crop & commercial team in the region.
Client/account management activities
- providing services to customers and partners in congruence with commercial strategy and company culture;
- co-developing client plans including sales forecasts and actions that contribute to higher customer satisfaction;
- identifying new customers and build/maintain relationships;
- offering cultivation advice to growers.
- gathering market information of the full fresh produce chain in Malaysia (growers, traders, retailers) and enter in RZ systems;
- hosting field days, client visits and RZ colleague visits;
- communicating regularly with RZ distributor(s) and regional RZ teams to align client developments and ensure seed availability.
You are a creative, energetic and entrepreneurial person. Good social skills, being honest, pro-active and analytical are indispensable qualities. You are self-supporting, in possession of a drivers license and willing to travel regionally.
In addition, we can find the following on your resume:
- a completed Bachelor degree, in the field of horticulture or agriculture;
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
What can you expect from us?As Product Development Specialist you will be part of the South East Asia (SEA) Team. The SEA team consists of colleagues carrying out crop (trial & product development) activities and client (sales development) activities. Rijk Zwaan has been active in Malaysia over 10 years together with our commercial partner. We focus on developing the protective and hydroponic cropping market.
Besides a growing international work environment, we are happy to offer you:
- a permanent contract from the start;
- competitive salary based on job level and experience;
- various training opportunities through our Rijk Zwaan Academy;
- an entrepreneurial / innovative work environment with constantly new challenges.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family-owned company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of our business; worldwide availability of vegetable seeds for the growth of healthy products. The growth of our company, we are positioned rank 4th worldwide of all vegetable seeds companies. And above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Do you recognize yourself and would you like to start as soon as possible? Click on 'Apply' to apply directly. You can address your application to Madelon Vos (Advisor Human Resources). As your application will be reviewed carefully by several colleagues, you will hear from us within two weeks.